Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Luck Spotting at ^weeks+1

I went to the toilet there and have seen like old brown blood, I panicked right away.
    I rang my OB and have been told not to panic that it is likely implantation bleeding, and as it is brown it is likely old blood which means it is round a week old... Has this happened to any of you??
    He told me to relax and if it does get any heavier he will see me on Monday for a scan..
    14 13 12 9 8 5 2
    !!MY MAGNIFICENT SEVEN!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I had spotting like that with DD2 and it only lasted a day

This pregnancy I have been spotting on and off now since week 10 and my Dr says it is because I have a vascular cervix. I wouldn't worry to much about it, like your Dr said if it is brown it is likely old blood and if it gets heavier I would definitely call

2007 2008 2012

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    If you start feeling lower back aches, heavier bleeding (even if it is still brown), notice tissue in your urine, etc, go to the doctor immediately. Did they take your hCG level (blood test) or do an ultrasound?

If you are spotting following exercise or sex, that can be more common and probably nothing to be alarmed about, but always be safe than sorry.
    03 08

03-06-12

Diagnosed with PCOS in 2009

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Oh Peb, I am so sorry. I know how horrrible it is to see any red when you go pee, be it dark brown, brown, brown, reddish brown, light red, or bright red.
    You'll need to keep an eye on it and see if it changes color. I would go get a hcg check but no ultrasound or anything.
    I regret going to the er when I first started bleeding after I stopped. It was April 29th They did an IV, blood draws, pelvic exsm, some swap during it..the ultrasound and Lord awful INVASIVE and very painful vaginal ultrasound (It gets painful when they look for your ovaries).. Well I don't know if it was meant to be or not but that night after all that crap I started cramping badly and when I wiped that night I lost my mucus plug.

By Wednesday May 2, I guess I had miscarried.. and they did the whole load of crap again. I remembered passing tissue before I went back to the ER.

HCG is the best way to find out if your pregnancy is viable or not.
    Just go get a blood draw so you know what to go off of.

Don't freak out right now though, it makes it worse. It could be completely normal and there are more reasons than one to spot in early pregnancy.

Good luck! I hope that was the only one you'll see!
    Last edited by Butterfly Spirit; June 7th, 2012 at 01:27 PM.

IVF Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Brown is totally fine. I had that with my first and bright red with my fourth. I'm sure you're fine!
    Mom to

and my IVF/PGD

It's better to look back on life and say: "I can't believe I did that" than to look back and say "I wish I did that".

New to IVF/PGD for Family Balancing? Read this- Understanding IVF/PGD- a HT Guide for those New to the IVF/PGD Process

Need a Natural Swaying Plan? Naturally sway for a boy or a girl- Personalized Swaying Plans

Become a Dream Member to access the private forums

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    It is now bright red, but not much (please God it does'nt get heavier), I have an appointment on Sunday. say a wee prayer for me everyone
    14 13 12 9 8 5 2
    !!MY MAGNIFICENT SEVEN!!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Oh no. I will be praying.
    03 08

03-06-12

Diagnosed with PCOS in 2009

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I had bright red spotting (small amounts) with DS1 a few times throughout the pg. It started at 5 weeks the first time. He is now a gorgeous 6 yo, so it can turn out ok. All the best for your appt on Sunday. Will be thinking of you.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I have held it together all day, but now I can't stop crying, I think I am going to lose
    14 13 12 9 8 5 2
    !!MY MAGNIFICENT SEVEN!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm so very sorry Peb, I prayed!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast